School Finance Manager
Commencement date: As soon as possible
Salary: £27,668 - £30,785
Maiden Erlegh Trust is a growing multi-academy trust and as such we require a School Finance Manager to support the finance and administration function of our expanding Central Services team.
The role will be primarily based at our new free school, Maiden Erlegh School in Reading, but as more schools join our Trust it is envisaged this role will grow and support a number of schools in the local area.
We are keen to receive applications from proactive and enthusiastic individuals who can demonstrate experience of working in a similar environment and who want to join us on our journey.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. If you would like to visit us prior to application, please contact Mrs Tina Bains (email@example.com) who would be only too pleased to arrange an appointment.
Closing date: 26th June 2017
- To manage the schools finance and accounting processes, and ensure adherence to ESFA, DfE and Trust finance policies and procedures
- Provide school business management guidance and support the Head of School
- Carry out all month-end procedures, including reconciliations, to the agreed timetable
- Any other transactional processing that may be required to ensure the financial statements always represent and true and fair view
- Production of monthly management reports, analysis and discussion with senior leaders
- Production of LAB (Governing Body) reporting suite to timetable, including forecast updates
- Work in tandem with the Trust Finance Manager to ensure all statutory returns are made to deadlines
- Liaise with HR Manager and Trust Finance Manager on any HR or payroll related matters as necessary, including ensuring all centrally-held data is accurate e.g. contract data in SIMS
- Assist in preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Liaise with external auditors, Responsible Officer and any other external agencies as may be required
- Provide cover for the Trust Finance Manager during periods of absence
- Any other duties that the Director of Finance and Operations may reasonably expect of the post holder